Members and Friends of Starr Presbyterian Church:
It is with great pleasure that your Session announces to the congregation that Rev. Angela Ryo has been accepted as an interim part-time pastor for Starr Presbyterian Church starting in January 2021. Pastor Angela’s appointment is intended to provide ongoing pastoral support for Starr while the search continues to find and recruit a permanent pastor for the shared pastor position that has been put forward by the pastor search committee.
Pastor Angela is not a stranger to us at Starr. She has been in our pulpit, participated in recorded sermons, and has served as moderator for our Session. Through our agreement with Kirk in the Hills, she will be expanding her support to Starr by serving as our head of staff, along with a host of other responsibilities.
Sunday in-person worship services at Starr will begin again starting on January 31, 2021. Covid safety precautions remain in place at the church.
Best wishes to all as we start a new year! And please remember to take all needed precautions to protect yourselves and your families so that we can all remain together in service to our Lord.
Clerk of Session
1. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND SERVICES IF YOU DO NOT FEEL WELL!
2. Touchless temperature readings will be taken from everyone entering the church,
3. Face masks are REQUIRED in the sanctuary and all other areas of the church along with proper social distancing, per CDC guidelines. Plastic face shields can be substituted for the typical cloth face masks for those congregants that cannot wear a face mask due to medical reasons. The church will provide some plastic face shields to those who are not able to bring their own.
4. In ALL cases, please cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing.
5. Hand sanitizer will be used when entering the church, and when entering all restrooms.
6. Sit only in the areas of the sanctuary designated with green tape.
7. Please do not shake hands or hug others at any time while in church.
Church Office Hours:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Phone number: (248) 288-3230